- The Fischbein Model DRC 300™ Double Roll Closer seals multi-wall, flush-cut paper bags weighing up to 50 pounds at production rates up to 75 linear feet per minute. The Model DRC 300™ automatically trims the top of the bag, makes a single precise fold, applies hot melt adhesive, and then makes a final second fold. The patented breakaway design eliminates costly downtime caused by bag jams while allowing easy cleaning and service of the bag folder.
featuresCloses multi-wall paper bags.
Spiral glide folder technology creates bag closures that are consistent, reliable and attractive.
A patented breakaway design eliminates costly downtime caused by bag jams, while allowing easy cleaning and service of the bag folder.
Safe and easy to use control panel with digital temperature control and display key pad for variable speed control, and dual emergency stop buttons.
Right to Left operation
Dynatech Hot Melt Adhesive Applicator
Dual Knife Bag Top Trimmer
optionsAdditional motor starter and contactor for conveyor
Left to right operation
CR Plus 2 part corrosion resistant powder coat finish
Nordson brand hot melt application system
Wide fold for larger bags - Model 300 Plus
460 and 575 VAC
dimensionsW 82 in (208 cm), D 46 in (117 cm), H 54-85 in (137-216 cm)
speedUp to 75 linear feet per minute
electric (nema 12)230V - 3PH - 50/60Hz, 24 VAC
air8 cfm @ 80-100 PS
bag typesOpen mouth flat or gusseted multi-wall paper bags
bag face widthMinimum 5 in (12.7 cm)
free bag topMinimum 6 in (15.2 cm) - standard fold Minimum 7.5 in (19 cm) - wide fold
- "cARRY THROUGH BELTS DO NOT HOLD THE BAG SECURELY"Cause:
- 1. Pnuematic cylinders are not working properly.
- 2. Loose carry through belts.
- 3. Front guides on the first folder is too tight.
- 4. Drive gears are too close together, preventing full closure of the arms.
"THE BAG TOP IS NOT BEING CUT OFF SMOOTHLY"Cause:
- 1. Check plant air pressure.
- 2. Adjust the carry through belt tension.
- 3. Check and adjust the front guide bars on each folder.
- 4. Adjust the gear "backlash".
- 1. Dull blade.
- 2. Incorrect rotation.
- 3. Top blade not touching bottom blade.
"THE BAG JAMS IN THE FIRST FOLDER"Cause:
- 1. Replace blade.
- 2. Check rotation.
- 3. Check if blade with spring is binding on shaft.
- 1. Lower folder blade is too tight on the back plate or carry belts are too tight.
"THE FIRST FOLD IS LOOSE AND SLOPPY"Cause:
- 1. Adjust blade.
- 1. The lower blade is too far from back plate or from the folder.
"WIDTH OF SECOND FOLD"Cause:
- 1. Adjust blade.
- 1. The folder is set at the wrong height.
- 2. First and second folders are out of alignment.
"BAG TOP OPENS AT EXIT END OF THE MACHINE"Cause:
- 1. Reset the vertical adjustments on weldment.
- 2. Adjust the alignment of the folders.
- 1. No glue or not enough glue.
"BAG OPENS AFTER STORAGE"Cause:
- 1. Check glue system and ensure switch is set to automatic.
- 1. Unsuitable glue type for the bags.
"BAG CLOSURE STRENGTH IS TOO WEAK"Cause:
- 1. Change glue types.
- 1. Unsuitable glue, inadequate amount, glue temperature is too low or compression is too low.
"POOR COMPRESSION OVER ENTIRE SEAL"Cause:
- 1. Change glue, increase glue flow, increase glue flow, increase temperature or increase seal compression.
- 1. Front compression roller is improperly adjusted.
- 2. Supply air pressure is too low.
- 3. Pneumatic cylinder is not working properly.
- 4. Obstruction between channels.
"THE HOT MELT APPLICATION IS TOO THIN"Cause:
- 1. Adjust rollers.
- 2. Assure adequate air pressure.
- 3. Check cylinder.
- 4. Open channels and check for obstruction.
- 1. Hot melt temperature is too low, fun pressure is too low, or nozzle is clogged.
"THE HOT MELT APPLICATION IS SPOTTY AND IRREGULAR"Cause:
- 1. Increase set point or check plant air pressure and set points.
- 1. Glue system is contaminated and gun stopped up, or hot melt temperature is too low or air pressure is inadequate to glue unit.
"GLUE IS NOT DISPENSING"Cause:
- 1. Clean system and flush gun, increase set point or check plant air pressure and set points.
- 1. Glue nozzle is clogged or not hot.
- 2. Hot glue take full.
"THE NOZZLE IS DRIPPING AFTER EACH APPLICATION"Cause:
- 1. Check nozzle temperature. Check power to hose assembly.
- 2. Check tank control panel - if controls blinking, turn glue unit OFF and then ON.
- 1. System or gun is dirty/contaminated, or temperature is too high (charring glue), or set point is too low or air pressure is inadequate.
"eXCESSIVE HOT MELT ON THE BAG AND ON THE SECOND FOLDER"Cause:
- 1. Clean system, lower set point, increase temperature or check air pressure.
- 1. Orifice diameter is too large, or glue sensor timing is incorrect.
"HOT MELT NOT CENTERED ACROSS THE FOLDED SEAL"Cause:
- 1. Reduce air pressure or adjust timing.
- 1. Glue sensor timing off, or sensor gain not set properly to sense the bag.
"THE ADHESIVE IS CHARRING IN THE TANK"Cause:
- 1. Adjust timing or reset timing or gain.
- 1. Temperature is too high or glue level is too low.
"THERE IS AIR IN THE HOT MELT AT THE NOZZLE"Cause:
- 1. Lower temp. setting at the tank or maintain higher glue level.
- 1. Hot melt tank is empty or there is moisture in the glue.
"THE HOT MELT IS STRINGY"Cause:
- 1. Refill hot melt tank or examine the glue storage procedures.
- 1. Temperature too low, gun pressure too low, nozzle clogged or quick exhaust not relieving pressure properly.
"GLUE IS BUILDING UP ON THE LOWER EDGE OF THE FOLD"Cause:
- 1. Increase temperature, clean nozzle, raise pressure or check quick valve.
- 1. Gun height set too low or air pressure is incorrect.
"GLUE IS BUILDING UP IN THE SEALER, FOLDER AND BELTS"Cause:
- 1. Raise the glue applicator or reduce the air pressure.
- 1. Bag spacing is inadequate or glue timing sequence is incorrect.
- 1. Increase bag spacing distance or check the glue timing settings.