- The Fischbein Model DRC 500™ Double Roll Closer seals multi-wall, flush-cut paper bags weighing up to 50 pounds at production rates up to 110 linear feet per minute. The Model DRC 500™ automatically trims the top of the bag, makes a single precise fold, applies hot melt adhesive, and then makes a final second fold. The patented breakaway design eliminates costly downtime caused by bag jams while allowing easy cleaning and access to the bag folder.
- -Closes multi-wall paper bags.
- -Spiral glide folder technology creates bag closures that are consistent, reliable and attractive.
- -A patented breakaway design eliminates costly downtime caused by bag jams, while allowing easy cleaning and service of the bag folder.
- -Safe and easy to use control panel with digital temperature display, key pad for variable speed control, and dual emergency stop buttons.
- -Right to Left operation
- -Dynatech Holt Melt Adhesive Applicator
- -Dual knife bag top trimmer
- -Additional motor starter and contactor for conveyor
- -Left to right operation
- -CR Plus 2 part corrosion resistant powder coat finish
- -Nordson brand hot melt application system
- -460 and 575 VAC
- -Dimensions: W 98 in (249 cm), D 47 in (120 cm), H 85 in (216 cm)
-Speed: Up to 110 linear feet per minute
-Electric (NEMA 12): 230V - 3PH - 50/60Hz, 24 VAC
-Air: 8 cfm @ 80-100 PSIBags:
- -Bag Types: Open mouth flat or gusseted multi-wall paper bags
- -Bag Face Width: Minimum 5 in (12.7 cm)
- -Free Bag Top: Minimum 6 in (15.2 cm) - standard fold - Minimum 7.5 in (19 cm) - wide fold
- "cARRY THROUGH BELTS DO NOT HOLD THE BAG SECURELY"Cause:
- 1. Pnuematic cylinders are not working properly.
- 2. Loose carry through belts.
- 3. Front guides on the first folder is too tight.
- 4. Drive gears are too close together, preventing full closure of the arms.
"THE BAG TOP IS NOT BEING CUT OFF SMOOTHLY"Cause:
- 1. Check plant air pressure.
- 2. Adjust the carry through belt tension.
- 3. Check and adjust the front guide bars on each folder.
- 4. Adjust the gear "backlash".
- 1. Dull blade.
- 2. Incorrect rotation.
- 3. Top blade not touching bottom blade.
"THE BAG JAMS IN THE FIRST FOLDER"Cause:
- 1. Replace blade.
- 2. Check rotation.
- 3. Check if blade with spring is binding on shaft.
- 1. Lower folder blade is too tight on the back plate or carry belts are too tight.
"THE FIRST FOLD IS LOOSE AND SLOPPY"Cause:
- 1. Adjust blade.
- 1. The lower blade is too far from back plate or from the folder.
"WIDTH OF SECOND FOLD"Cause:
- 1. Adjust blade.
- 1. The folder is set at the wrong height.
- 2. First and second folders are out of alignment.
"BAG TOP OPENS AT EXIT END OF THE MACHINE"Cause:
- 1. Reset the vertical adjustments on weldment.
- 2. Adjust the alignment of the folders.
- 1. No glue or not enough glue.
"BAG OPENS AFTER STORAGE"Cause:
- 1. Check glue system and ensure switch is set to automatic.
- 1. Unsuitable glue type for the bags.
"BAG CLOSURE STRENGTH IS TOO WEAK"Cause:
- 1. Change glue types.
- 1. Unsuitable glue, inadequate amount, glue temperature is too low or compression is too low.
"POOR COMPRESSION OVER ENTIRE SEAL"Cause:
- 1. Change glue, increase glue flow, increase glue flow, increase temperature or increase seal compression.
- 1. Front compression roller is improperly adjusted.
- 2. Supply air pressure is too low.
- 3. Pneumatic cylinder is not working properly.
- 4. Obstruction between channels.
"THE HOT MELT APPLICATION IS TOO THIN"Cause:
- 1. Adjust rollers.
- 2. Assure adequate air pressure.
- 3. Check cylinder.
- 4. Open channels and check for obstruction.
- 1. Hot melt temperature is too low, fun pressure is too low, or nozzle is clogged.
"THE HOT MELT APPLICATION IS SPOTTY AND IRREGULAR"Cause:
- 1. Increase set point or check plant air pressure and set points.
- 1. Glue system is contaminated and gun stopped up, or hot melt temperature is too low or air pressure is inadequate to glue unit.
"GLUE IS NOT DISPENSING"Cause:
- 1. Clean system and flush gun, increase set point or check plant air pressure and set points.
- 1. Glue nozzle is clogged or not hot.
- 2. Hot glue take full.
"THE NOZZLE IS DRIPPING AFTER EACH APPLICATION"Cause:
- 1. Check nozzle temperature. Check power to hose assembly.
- 2. Check tank control panel - if controls blinking, turn glue unit OFF and then ON.
- 1. System or gun is dirty/contaminated, or temperature is too high (charring glue), or set point is too low or air pressure is inadequate.
"eXCESSIVE HOT MELT ON THE BAG AND ON THE SECOND FOLDER"Cause:
- 1. Clean system, lower set point, increase temperature or check air pressure.
- 1. Orifice diameter is too large, or glue sensor timing is incorrect.
"HOT MELT NOT CENTERED ACROSS THE FOLDED SEAL"Cause:
- 1. Reduce air pressure or adjust timing.
- 1. Glue sensor timing off, or sensor gain not set properly to sense the bag.
"THE ADHESIVE IS CHARRING IN THE TANK"Cause:
- 1. Adjust timing or reset timing or gain.
- 1. Temperature is too high or glue level is too low.
"THERE IS AIR IN THE HOT MELT AT THE NOZZLE"Cause:
- 1. Lower temp. setting at the tank or maintain higher glue level.
- 1. Hot melt tank is empty or there is moisture in the glue.
"THE HOT MELT IS STRINGY"Cause:
- 1. Refill hot melt tank or examine the glue storage procedures.
- 1. Temperature too low, gun pressure too low, nozzle clogged or quick exhaust not relieving pressure properly.
"GLUE IS BUILDING UP ON THE LOWER EDGE OF THE FOLD"Cause:
- 1. Increase temperature, clean nozzle, raise pressure or check quick valve.
- 1. Gun height set too low or air pressure is incorrect.
"GLUE IS BUILDING UP IN THE SEALER, FOLDER AND BELTS"Cause:
- 1. Raise the glue applicator or reduce the air pressure.
- 1. Bag spacing is inadequate or glue timing sequence is incorrect.
- 1. Increase bag spacing distance or check the glue timing settings.