Current Job Openings
Production Team MemberJuly 25, 2018Click here to learn more about the position.Position Summary:
- Work hours are Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Pull & Packaging Full Length Customer Orders
- Pull & Packaging Sign Kit Customer Orders
- Operate Metal Saws, Wood Saws, Drill Press Machines, Mill Machines, Plastic Strapping hand tools, etc.
- Maintain a clean work space
- Work safely/ wear safety equipment (PPE)
- Know how to read a tape measure
- Frequently lift 100 LBS
- Operate fork lifts
- Build Crates
- Assemble small parts and sign clips
Hourly employees are paid every week on Friday. We have automatic deposit for payroll for any employee that has a checking or savings account. Automatic deposit is free.
Employees become eligible for insurance the first of the month following 60 days of employment. Health insurance is through Humana Health. Dental insurance is through Delta Dental of Kansas. Life insurance is through Lincoln National Life Insurance Company. Currently, premiums for employees are paid 100% by Ambrose; any additional coverage (i.e. spouse, children, buy up life insurance) is payroll deducted.
Ambrose offers ancillary coverages with Aflac and Flex System, none of the premiums are funded by Ambrose, and if elected will be payroll deducted at 100% of any premium. Employees become eligible for Aflac coverage at the next Open Enrollment Period, and become eligible for Flex System during the first Open Enrollment Period after one year of employment.
Employees become eligible for our 401K Retirement Plan the first of any quarter following 90 days of employment. You should receive 401K enrollment information via email or at your home address, or if needed, extra packets are kept on file in our Olathe office. Ambrose matches .25 on the dollar up to 6%. Employees can contribute up to 15%. All taxes are computed after the 401K deduction, so employees are saving two ways, paying less taxes and adding money to their retirement fund.
Employees become eligible for ten (10) days of PTO (Paid Time Off) following one year of employment. To qualify for PTO, you much be a full-time employee and have completed one year of full-time employment, time taken off before one year will be without pay. The PTO accrual rate is based on your length of employment as follows: One (1) but less than five (5) years = 10 days per calendar year; Five (5) years or more = 15 days per calendar year. PTO time does not carry over and is lost each December 31st. We do not currently pay for unused PTO or pay dollars in lieu of PTO time. PTO request forms should be submitted to your supervisor for approval.
A holiday schedule is published the first of every year, and some years change depending upon what day of the week the holiday falls. We do get the standard holidays, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving (always Thursday and Friday), Christmas and New Years.
Production Team Member ApplicationOlathe, KS
Field Service TechnicianOctober 13, 2017Click here to learn more about the position.Position Summary:
Are you looking to launch an exciting new career, or are you an experienced technician looking for a change of scenery? Ambrose Packaging is looking for an outstanding individual to join out team as a Field Service Technician.
Field Service Technicians use their product knowledge, technical skills and experience to deliver an exceptional customer experience by installing and repairing equipment on-site or in-house. You will be responsible for visiting a customer's facility, diagnosing the equipment and recommending solutions. Ambrose put great pride in our Service Department and your highest priority will be ensuring the customer is happy every step of the way.
Our Field Service Technicians are responsible for repairing all types of equipment, including stretch wrappers, tapers, case erectors, case sealers, shrink equipment, conveyors, sewing systems and more! There are several core responsibilities of this role: installation, configuring and calibrating equipment and training customer operators. Additional responsibilities will require regular service contracts, preventative maintenance contracts and completing field service reports every call.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
- Possess great customer service skills to deal with customers who have malfunctioning equipment
- Patience and understanding of customer concerns
- Good organizational skills
- Be able to work quickly under pressure without direct supervision
- Be able to read and understand technical diagrams and manuals
- Possess a clean driving record
- This role requires 75% travel and flexibility with your schedule. Ambrose Technicians frequently work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends, to accommodate customer schedules. Our most successful Technicians travel every week.
Field Service Technician Application
Purchasing ManagerOctober 13, 2017Click here to learn more about the position.Position Summary:
We are currently looking for a strong, independent, self motivated Purchasing Manager to build and lead our Purchasing Team within Ambrose. This position would be responsible for coordinating activities involved in procuring products and services from our business partners. These items could include packaging products for resale, raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, other services, and company supplies. This position is also responsible for managing our suppliers through the development of supplier scorecards and price negotiations.
The Purchasing Manager will work closely with all of our divisions to ensure inventory is available to fill customer needs. You will work closely with our Sales Team to qualify new suppliers and evaluate pricing to ensure price increases/decreases are accounted for properly and that margins are within acceptable levels.
This role will be taking the purchasing responsibilities from several people within our organization and consolidating it to a single person, and then building out a Purchasing Team. Previous purchasing experience is a requirement with a history of success. Previous process implementation required.
- Pricing negotiations with Vendors
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles
- Understanding of the market and economy to support procurement efforts
- Address defective, damaged, or recalled goods with proper individuals within Ambrose and outside the organization (ie. Suppliers, customers, partners)
- Work with Sales and Customer Service Team to identify and qualify new vendors
- Take ownership in the role and do not rely on others to perform the responsibilities of this role
- Establish new vendor accounts, credit, and terms
- Maintain current inventory for equipment, supplies, raw materials, and parts
- Execute vendor price increases and rebate programs
- Collaboration across multiple functions (ie. Sales, Customer Service, Production, Warehouse, Vendors, etc.)
- Packaging material product knowledge and proficiency in product sourcing
- Experience negotiating pricing and terms with suppliers
- Knowledge of and experience working with supplier quality rating systems (scorecards)
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem solving skills
- High sense of urgency to respond to customer needs
- Excellent oral/written communication and customer relation skills
- Self-motivated and willingness to work independently and with a team
- Required Purchasing experience: minimum of 5 years
Purchasing Manager ApplicationOlathe, KS
X Slider Background Settings
We're Always Hiring Good People
If you think you have what it takes in Customer Service, Sales or Marketing please fill out the form below.