- This extended side belt driven tape automatic case sealer propels cartons through a folding section, then folds all major flaps and one upper flap. Repetitive motion is reduced and productivity is increased with this innovative design.
- Simple operation
- Proven side belt
- Bottom major flap folding bars
- Interchangeable tape cartridges
- Narrow profile "T-rail" table
Power RequiredStandard Voltage: 120/1/60 with 15 amp dedicated service.
- *Optional voltages are available, please consult representative
air requirements3 SCFM @ 45 Psi
operating speedStandard Belt Speed: 72 ft/min
closure materialPressure Sensitive Tape
weight570 lbs (258 kg), uncrated
case capacityLength: 8" min / max based on anvil
Width: 4.5" min (2" tape)
5.5" min (3" tape)
Height: 3-1/2" min
machine dimensionsHeight: 29.63" @ 24.25" conveyor height
Length including pack table:
- 31.77" overall - (base machine)
- 79.77" overall - (w standard 48" anvil)
Conveyor Height: 24.25" to 29.25" - Standard
- Trouble with Loveshaw SP-304"TAPE END STICKS TO ITSELF OR MECHANISM"Solution:
"TAPE DOES NOT ADHERE WELL TO BOX"Solution:
- -Check that there is not to much drag on the tape causing stretching and snap back at cut off. Reduce the tape core drag settings.
- -Check the tape threading path.
- -Check for defective tape roll by pulling tape off manually. the pull should be even and should not vary suddenly.
- -Check tape guide plate setting and freedom of movement.
- -Check rollers for binding.
"TAPE BREAKS OR JAMS"Solution:
- -Check that box is not waxy or oily.
- -Check that box is properly cut and scored so that the flaps do not overlap. If the tape adheres to the top and bottom but not to the end panels, bring it to the attention of your box supplier.
- -Check the pressure on the wipe down rollers. If necessary, increase the main spring pressure. Check that the spring is not broken.
- -Check the tape roll by pulling tape off manually. The pull should be even and should not very suddenly.
- -Check the tape core drag setting.
- -Check the tape threading path. See tape threading diagram.
- -Check for nicks in the edge of tape roll. Pull off damaged tape.
- -Tape tension set too high.
"TAPE HAS LENGTHWISE SCRAPES OR CUTS"Solution:
- -Check the tape roll by pulling tape off manually. The pull should be even and should not vary suddenly.
- -Check the pressure of the wipe down rollers. Too much/ no pressure may cause wrinkles. Pressure that is too great may depress the flaps causing problems. If necessary, re-adjust the pressure.
- -Check that all the rollers turn freely on their shafts.
- -Check the box contents. Partially full boxes or very compressible contents may allow flaps to depress excessively causing wrinkles.
- -Check the drag of the tape. Too much drag may cause problems. Too little drag may cause overrunning of the tape roll. Adjust the tape core drag settings.
- -Check that the tape is properly threaded and the tape core is properly centered.
- -Check the pressure of the head against the box. If the pressure is insufficient, the box may slip against the belts and hesitate as it is being fed through the machine. Adjust the head height.
- -Check that the belts are not slipping.
- -Check adjustment of the guide plate and finger plate.
Trouble with boxes jamming in the machine"JAM CLEARING PROCEDURE"Solution:
- -Check knife setting.
"INCORRECT BOX SIZE OR SHAPE"Solution:
- 1. Stop machine.
- 2. Open side belt drive system and raise head.
- 3. Remove box. Rethread and cut tape flush with end of the roller.
- 4. Reset head height and belt drive system to the size of the sample box.
- 5. Restart machine. Machine is now ready to process the next box.
"CONTENTS BULGING THROUGH TOP OF THE BOX"Solution:
- -Check boxes to make sure the size falls within the minimum/maximum limits of the machine.
- -Machine will not process unstable boxes.
"BOX SLIPPING AGAINST BELTS"Solution:
- -Check to be sure that the box is not overfilled with contents.
"BOX BEING CLAMPED BY SIDE BELTS"Solution:
- -Increase the side belt drive pressure.
"BOX BEING CRUSHED BY HEAD"Solution:
- -Open side belt drive system slightly to reduce pressure on box.
Trouble with belt drive"BELTS DO NOT MOVE"Solution:
- -Raise head slightly to reduce pressure on box.
"BELTS DO NOT MOVE"Solution:
- -Check that machine is connected to a live electrical circuit.
"BOX SLIPS AGAINST BELTS"Solution:
- -Check tension of belts and adjust idler rollers.
- -Increase tension on belt drive system.