Ambrose Companies is a systems integrator serving a diverse group of industries, including but not limited to, Food, Chemical, Warehousing & Distribution, Pet Food, Animal Feed, Industrial, Bulk Solids, and Liquids. We utilize innovative design and strong partnerships to deliver streamlined solutions to our clients on budget and on time. We’re looking for an experienced Engineer to help us develop these solutions that serve our clients. The ideal candidate will have a desire to improve processes and a drive to lead dynamic projects in multiple industries. Additional Project Management responsibilities will be to manage the technical or engineering elements of the project and communicate to key stakeholders at all levels, with direct responsibility for budgeting, timeline, and start-up/commissioning. Position will require field based and office based work and may require travel up to 75% of your time.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Support Sales Team
- Work closely with Ambrose Sales Team to qualify, specify, design, and present equipment & systems to customers.
- Educate Ambrose Sales Team on new material handling, automation equipment, and other new opportunities. Use industry knowledge to sell against competition and offer best solutions to the customer.
- Develop Processes, expertise, and customer base to expand Ambrose Companies’ presence in System Integrations.
Develop New Vendors & Key Business Partners
- Use contacts and knowledge of the industry to develop additional equipment lines.
- Coordinate and/or sell millwright services and engineering services related to specific customer needs.
- Utilize industry contacts and experience to source new equipment that is best fit for each project application.
- Develop customer relationships at the executive level to increase Ambrose Companies’ exposure and presence.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Analyze and evaluate existing systems and processes, identifying value-added and non-value added activities to solve complex customer challenges.
- Conceive, design, and develop innovative solutions based on analysis and organizational objectives.
- Evaluate and explore new and existing processes, equipment, and materials as an input to scheduling methods, performance metrics, and financial goals.
- Develop complete line layouts using AutoDesk or Solidworks Software.
- Create bill of materials and fabrication drawings when required.
- Maintain and exceed all safety standards of the project.
- Direct project management of personnel, budget, and scheduling to deliver a successful project outcome.
- Planning and forecasting of the project.
- Acquisition of appropriate staff, materials, and equipment.
- Liaising with contractors, suppliers, internal company stakeholders, and client.
- Keeping project on schedule and on budget.
- Troubleshooting problems as they arise on a project – finding efficient and effective solutions.
- Commissioning, start-up, and site supervisor responsibilities as necessary to see a successful project through to completion.
- 5+ years of related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contracts, policies, RFQ’s, and other documents.
- Ability of effectively establish rapport, present information, and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.